The We Feed You diabetic friendly meals
If you or a family member have diabetes, you will already be aware that many dietary approaches can be suitable. There is no ‘one’ diabetic diet! The right diet will be balanced, enjoyable, sustainable and provide all the nutrients you need. It will also help to keep blood sugar levels stable, provide fibre for optimal bowel health, and good fats and antioxidants to keep your heart and circulatory system healthy.
While individual approaches to eating for diabetes will vary, you can be assured that our range of diabetic friendly meals have all been formulated to meet key criteria. These criteria are based on expert dietary and health recommendations, and relate to the following guidelines:
We Feed You Diabetic Friendly Meals contain:
- 1. Moderate total carbohydrate levels (most between 2-3 carbohydrate ‘exchanges’ of 15g)
- 2. Good fibre content across the range (varying between 3 - 13g per serve)
- 3. Keeping the sodium content below 700mg per meal.
- 4. Sugar coming from mostly naturally sweet ingredients such as vegetables or fruit rather than added sugar to minimise sugar content (meals vary between 3g - 16g per serve).
- 5. The use of mostly unsaturated fats and low levels of saturated fat creating a healthy fat ratio. This includes the use of mostly Australian extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) when using oil in cooking. Other fat sources mostly come from food ingredients like nuts or seeds.
- 6. A variety of nutrient-rich plant foods across the range, including vegetables, herbs, spices, beans and grains, to promote diet variety and a healthy gut microbiome.
- 7. Mostly under 2000kJ (478 calories) per serve
- 8. Portion sizes that are substantial and satisfying (mostly 350 – 400g serves), so they don’t feel like ‘diet food’ that leaves you wanting more.
Learn more about Diabetic Friendly range here >